naming things across languages pisses me off so much like in mexico the miami heat is still called “miami heat” which means absolutely nothing in spanish like why the fuck don’t they call it “miami calor” because that actually would make sense
first world problems:
we’ve all got that one friend on facebook who posts things like “why do i try” or “i am so done” constantly
but all of us are too awkward to post anything like “good because i’m tired of hearing you bitch about vague scenarios and expecting me to sympathize with you”
- Engineer: We detected nothing!
- Astrada: But this man did.
- Engineer: Well, he's mistaken.
- Doctor: Well, to be fair I had a couple of gadgets which he probably didn't, like a teaspoon and an open mind.
Science side of Tumblr
Please tell me how to convert fahrenheit to celsius.
explain to the fahrenheits the selfless works of the great lord kelvin who died for them, and show them the true path of thermodynamics and they shall see the error in their ways and convert to celsius, the true faith
- Doctor: It stands to reason.
- Romana: [derisively] "It stands to reason."
- Doctor: Yes. It stands to reason. Stupid expression, "stands to reason."
- Doctor: Why didn't it lie down to reason? Much easier to reason lying down. Relaxes the cerebellum.
whoever invented planking must have been really board